October 1, 2009

Bbebar: Barely Breathing by jarkin33


Author's Summary: A love taken for granted, we don't always realize what we have until it's gone. "They say bad things happen for a reason and I'd like to believe that's true." A story about realizing what's important. Edward & Bella AH.

Why Bbebar loves it:

I've got to be honest. This story had me at Jaime. When I found out she had written her first fic, I knew right away that I would check it out. Jaime is amazing and has been nothing but great to me.

However, even the way I feel about her wouldn't have kept me reading a fic that wasn't worth my time. And believe me when I say this; Barely Breathing is well worth your time.

Barely Breathing is a short story consisting of only six chapters. I think of it as a snapshot into the lives of Edward and Bella during one moment in time. One of the things I like about this story is Edward and Bella are together when it begins. In fact, they have been for the past five years. We learn that Edward has become somewhat of a workaholic and consequently has been taking Bella for granted. Bella, in an attempt to get their relationship back on track, has planned a romantic evening. Unfortunately, Edward cancels their plans yet again.

This is the straw that breaks the camel's back, and Bella tells Edward they can no longer go on like this. She leaves him, and they are both devastated. The following chapters give you a glimpse into their time apart as well as how they find their way back together. Let's just say that Bella leaving was the wakeup call that Edward needed. Let's also just say there may or may not be hot, sexy, UNFable makeup sex involved (and it may or may not be all kinds of WIN!)

Another reason I love this fic so much is that there is such a sweet honesty about it. It is pure and heartfelt, and that is a credit to Jaime's writing and characters. Please go show this story some love. Then, do what I did...beg her to expand it so that we get the before and after, because this is one story you will want more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment