October 21, 2009

Sophz456: A Pound of Flesh by jaxon22


Author's Summary: To pay a debt she owes her father, Isabella Swan starts a new job as a prison tutor. Edward Cullen, with his own debts, is the Punk Ass inmate in her class. Can they fight the odds and their dangerous attaction to learn from each other? A/H, Lemons, OOC.

Why Sophz456 loves it:

First off, I apologise for this rambly review, but I'm tired and excited over this fic's update, so *shrugs*.

A Pound of Flesh is one of those fics that draws you in from the get go with an amazing opening which leaves you stunned, horrified, yet somehow intruiged, then sends you on a whirlwind of drama, romance, and slight comedy with a pinch of angst thrown in (because, hell, who doesn't like some angst?) - and I fucking love it.

The opening of the fic left me staring at the screen in shock, and I couldn't help but press that next chapter button just to see what happened next. What I loved the most about that next chapter was that it didn't focus on just the angst and heartbreak of that event - you're introduced to a completely new environment and focal character straight away. And let me tell you, PunkAssWard, the cool, snarky inmate we meet in that chapter? Fucking hot as hell.

But I'll let you discover why and how PAW is so hot for yourselves - I may *thud* otherwise.

Anyway, another thing I like about this fic is the fact you actually get character growth straight away and somehow immediately feel like you know the now 23 year old Bella that we meet later that chapter, even though we last saw her when she was nine, witnessing a tragic event.

The entire thing is in third person, yet it somehow still seems personal, which is very rare in fics like these. Instead of taking away from the story, it actually adds to it because you know what BOTH of them are thinking without the bore of reading the same chapter twice from 2 POVS, and I absolutely love it.

PAW is a punkass, fair and square, and from the moment he and Bella meet, there's tension between them, and you get the distinct impression they've met somewhere before... And you soon find out that's because they have; they just don't recognise each other.

I seriously love this fic - it's creative, interesting, tense, funny, and completely different to other prison fics out there; it's not all in one place, for a start. I wish I had the words to do it justice, but since I don't, I'm just going to tell you to read and enjoy it for yourselves :)

Sophy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment