October 21, 2009

Hayboo05: Men Without Eyes by danieller123


Author's Summary: Bitterness meets a happy table. A new neighbor. A broken man. Reach out and touch faith. BxE AH/AU Disabledward.

Why hayboo05 loves it:

When I got an alert in my email saying that Dani had written another story, following Under The Apple Tree, I was so excited. The summary of the new story, Men Without Eyes, was vague but I knew it was going to be amazing.

From there first chapter, you gather Edward is not going to be a fluffy or happy kind of guy. He's been confined to a wheelchair after an accident a few years back. He's brooding, bitter, and not happy if someone else is. He lives with his brother Emmett who helps Edward with things he can no longer do on his own.

Bella and her daughter Ginny move in across the street and Emmett instantly befriends them. Edward tries his hardest to stay distant, but over time he finds himself 'Bella watching' out of the window. Not in a pervy way but in a curious way.

I love how Dani progresses the story at a realistic pace and doesn't have Edward falling all over himself to love Bella. To me that just makes you want to keep reading to see if they do care about each other in that way.

Bella's technically a single parent and the reason that is was something I didn't see coming, and for once, I didn't hate James.

I think it's great how Edward interacts with Ginny, Bella's daughter. She won't let Edward be a jerk to her and he finds, he doesn't want to be.

Edward is crass through the available chapters, sugar coating almost nothing and at times I found myself literally calling him an ass but that's just who he is right now. It makes you wonder if he's going to be this hard the whole story if he's going to soften a bit with Bella and Ginny's influence.

In the last chapter that posted, things heated up between Edward and Bella. I can't wait to find out if it's because of real feelings or the wine they had during dinner.

If you've ever read a fic that Dani's written, you know how amazing she is with words. She can say in five words what it would take someone else to say in an entire paragraph. Men Without Eyes is very much like that. She is an artist and her stories are her works of art.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment