October 21, 2009

Bbebar: If On a Winter's Night by Touchstone67


Author's Summary: One fateful, winter's night, Edward and Jasper's lives are turned upside down. Is their relationship strong enough to withstand the aftermath, or will they be driven apart forever? Rated M for sexual situations, language. AH J/E slash

Why Bbebar loves it:

I'm going to be honest. This is probably the hardest rec I've had to write yet. I've started and restarted this multiple times and finally came to the conclusion that nothing I write here will even come close to explaining all the things I love about this fic.

In addition, I really don't want to detail what happens in this story like I normally would. I want you to read it and experience it yourself. Somehow, I feel like writing down certain plot elements will not only cheapen the story, but will take away from your own journey while reading.

I will tell you this. Technically, this is a slash fic and a unique love story between Edward and Jasper, who are both high school students. However, it's so much more than that. The important thing isn't that it's about two boys who are in love; the important thing is that it's about two people who are everything to each other. If you don't consider yourself a slash reader, read this. This story will transcend any pre-conceived notions you may have.

I will also tell you, as will Touchstone67 in multiple warnings, that IoaWN is quite angsty. But it's also emotional, beautiful, heartbreaking, heartwarming, and so very special. It will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions, and you will be changed and better for it.

I have thanked Touchstone67 for being brave enough to write this story. I am not exagerating when I say that only had 2 or 3 other fics have had this impact on me. Her writing is simply gorgeous. What the characters feel, you will feel.

As I write this, IoaWN has seven chapters. I read them straight through because I literally could not stop. I won't lie and tell you it's always easy to read. I cried in every single chapter. Apparently, I'm not the only one. Touchstone67 has a running list of places not to read her story. I suggested not reading around your children. My daughter walked in on me while I was reading and thought I'd been hurt. In a way she was right; my heart was hurting.

Long after you stop reading, Edward and Jasper will stay with you. Their love, pain, and bravery will be something you keep thinking about. And even though they are fictional charaters, they will inspire you.

So, right about now, I'm struggling not to erase everything I've just written and try again. But I won't because the result would be the same. I'd still try my best to explain how truly amazing this story is, and I would still fail miserably. So instead, just trust me this one time. Grab a box of Kleenex, click on that link up there, and start reading. I'll see you at the end of chapter seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment