October 6, 2009

JMC: Welcome to Paradise by Suzie55


Author's Summary: During a summer long stay in Hawaii, Bella meets Edward, letting her inhibitions go. With other options on the horizon, she eventually has to decide between her heart's desires and her head's logic. Lemons Angst Canon Lemons Happy Reading.


Why JMC loves it:

Surferward, anyone? ;)

There are so many things to love about this story. You get drama, lemons, UST, humor, sweetness, and did I mention Surferward?

To keep from being too spoilery, I'll give just a little of WTP's history. Bella goes to Hawaii for the summer to visit her best friend Alice. She immediately meets Edward at the airport after she's arrived. He's cocky and sexy, which let's face it, those two combined happen to be downfalls for a lot of women.

They end up sharing a very steamy night, and then things really get interesting. Getting in a relationship while on vacation was not in the plans for Bella, and Edward, he's quite the womanizer, so he wasn't looking for a relationship regardless, but even though these two tend to get in each other's way where the other is concerned, the attraction builds.

Feelings begin to develop, and fighting those feelings... well, we know how that usually goes for Bella and Edward.

I heard about this story through twitter, and the second I saw the mention of Suferward, I was intrigued. I read the summary, and the whole idea seemed unique to me, so I gave it a shot. I'd certainly never read anything like it before. I mean, we have all these 'wards' out there, but I'd never come across a Surferward before.

I can't express enough how glad I am for clicking that link. Not only has Suzie55 given us a unique story, but her writing is outstanding. It's fluid, and it grabs your attention immediately.

The way she writes the scenery is so picturesque, I actually feel as though I'm there with the characters. You can see it so clearly in your head. And the way she describes the characters emotions and thoughts, it's so in depth. You instantly form a connection to them because they feel real to you. Her writing is that good.

What started off as an interest in learnging about Surferward became so much more. The story itself is the gold, Surferward is just a bonus. Trust me, this fic is one you'll definitely want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment